Follow Me!

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Chasing the Dream

Everyone has a dream. Something they strive for. Something they wish for the future. We all know pain, longing and defeat. These are the things that keep me up at night like the infused sugar high of eating too much PEZ candy. No one likes to feel the pain of falling short, of failing to reach your goals. These fears chase me as the Grim Reaper does, whipping me like a cart horse.

Most people think their dreams or goals are impossible, so they don't even try. How can you know for sure if you never get to the first step? The best time to begin chasing your dreams is always right now. Even if you try and fail, at least you tried. You looked up at the mountain and vowed to yourself that you would reach the top and touch the beard of Zues.

I tell you now that the longing you feel, the dream that you wish for more than anything, is your destiny. You have only to reach out for that brass ring and grab hold of it. It may try to buck you loose like a rowdy pissed off bull. Don't let go. You can accomplish anything you put your mind to. That bull may knock you senseless causing you to lose that grip. Grab the ring again and again.

The only way to fail is to quit trying. Try until you can't try anymore. Each failure is just an attempt at future success. Your dream is like chopping down a tree. You can't stop after a few chops of the axe! How are you going to build that writer's shed for me if you can't even get one stinking tree down? Keep chopping at that dream until it submits. Make it cry out in extacy as you tie it up in some kind of weird bondage thing.

Once you have spent your last bit of energy, when you can no longer stand and fight, when every option has been exhausted, when the time on the clock finally ticks to zero, then maybe you can admit failure and give up on your dream. Or you could try again. If you still have passion and blood flowing through your veins there is still hope for a bright happy future filled with rainbows and uni-kitties. I know it's hard. It takes blood, sweat, and tears to build a future like this. As long as you are physically able to try there is hope. That last shining ray of light beckoning you to move forward.

I am never giving up on my dream. These stories overflow in my mind and compel me to write them. I cannot contain them. They will vault me to the mountain top, and it will be glorious. I have a confetti cannon for you. Will you join me?

No comments: