Follow Me!

Friday, March 7, 2014

Allegiant Review

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)Allegiant by Veronica Roth
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

First off I want to say that I loved Divergent. Insurgent was a mixed bag filled with plot holes, errors, and triumphs. Both were highly entertaining even with the issues.

Now let's talk about Allegiant. It's a tale of two books. The first half moves at a terribly slow pace. It doesn't have the same feel of the first two books. There is quite a bit of explanation with very little action. There are a few spots that make no sense at all. Some of the same problems from the second book continue in the third.

The second half of the book is when things pick up. The story breaks pretty bad here though. It had me scratching my head wondering why are they doing what they are doing in spots. For the two main characters to act completely out of character for large portions of the book grates on my nerves. I didn't have as much of a problem with the ending as many of the others who have been frothing at the mouth over it. Possibly because the entire rest of this book made me not care as much.

It almost baffles me that this book has an average rating higher than 4. I think a lot of people are giving it a pass because of the first two books. This book feels rushed. It reads as if the author was forced to push it out before it was ready. If Veronica Roth had taken this through another one or two rewrites/edits it could have been a much more satisfying ending.

View all my reviews

No comments: